Inframax has the following core areas of focus:
- Development of entry, middle and upper bracket residential property for sale.
- Development of retirement villages for sale and for investment purposes.
- Sale of non-residential erven produced as a spin-off from large scale residential development activities.
- Development of commercial, retail and light industrial property for sale and investment purposes.
- Acquisition and redevelopment/refurbishment of existing commercial, retail and light industrial/mixed use property for investment purposes.
- Providing the full range of development management services for its own projects and for joint venture developments in which it is involved.
Inframax has its origins in the restructure of The New Housing Company (NewHco), one of the foremost developers of affordable housing in the South Africa. While the two companies are independent of each other with seperate Boards, Inframax, in addition to managing its own business, also provides management services to NewHco, via a management agreement.
Since its establishment in March 2000, Inframax has proven itself as a developer and deliverer of note. By June 2015, it had successfully developed and sold or had under construction, properties to the value of R782m. In addition, as at that date, it had an investment property portfolio valued at over R200m.